Thursday, September 16, 2010

burythehatchet.

Minal Aidin Wal Faidzin, Happy Eid 1431 H.
Taqabalallahu minna wa minkum.


Eid has come and go, like mistakes we did, also forgiven or forgotten. This year eid was so much fun, even with the extension of lots of people going back to their home which most are outside Jakarta. OH How I longed for the quiet and less traffic of Jakarta.
Anyhow, this year I had a wonderful year of Ramadhan also. I have been reciting the holy Qur'an without no pressure from my father and willingly read it myself. I am pretty proud for it, because usually, like any other kids around the world I believe, we have to be forced or promised of a reward in the end of the month. LOL. But this year, I did it myself! I have learned more about my religion and hopefully be more mature on living my life from now on, Amin.


Yet from all the ceremonials on this holy day there were some sad or misunderstood events. One of them was the Al-Quran burning incident. When i heard about this from my brother couple of days ago I felt this weird feeling inside me. I don't recall this feeling as hatred, maybe more of a question. Why?


I agree with what Justice Breyer said that it is wrong to burn the holy Qur'an but here we can not suppress or force billions of people to have the same thought as us. My opinion about what Reverend Bob Old done in Springfield was more, again, a question. Why? He is someone that people of his disciples look up too, like teachers for their students or parents for their children. I don't think any religion teaches us to disrespect other religions. But hey, this is just one person opinion and I am sticking to it. Despite all things happening around the world, I still respect other religion beside Islam :) No hate or despise.


On the other hand,  I am so much and deeply in love all over again with John Legend!! What he said or respond on building a mosque near Ground Zero is just astounding! Check it!





Enough about whats going on out there, here some photos on Eid.


praying at Masjid Jami Al Istiqomah

little kid listening to the Imam giving speech

Me and my eldest Brother, Arif.


Even though the field around the mosque was a bit tarnished because it kept raining the night before a lot of people showed up to pray. It was such a good sight and feeling. Although the after praying part kind of made me squint my eyes because people brought newspapers as a mat to put their prayer rug. And left the newspapers behind after prayed. -__-




*sigh.
I really hope this would change, soon!
Anyway, again, Minal aidin wal faidzin :)



Cheers!
Rani

No comments:

Post a Comment