Monday, August 23, 2010

diveyourpassion.


Diving.


Until recently I just realised one of my passion is diving. But what is passion again? I have a habit where I would do things too the max until I am bored with it. I check the dictionary for the meaning of passion. Passion is Any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate. I guess I have to find out if later I get bored of Diving or not.

Anyway, have you ever dive before?? 
The first time I went diving was in Bali. It was with my sister, Canti and my mother. Back then I didn't know that to go diving you need a license! LOL And for the first time as well I breathed with the regulator (mouthpiece) in the water was a thrill already. You can felt your lungs pumping the air in and out. Our instructor took us to depth of 8 meters. There weren't many corals, lots of fish and seaweed though.

me, my sister (canti) and my mom


Since that day, which I think happened last year, I decided to take the diving license in Bali. I got my license from PADI and I've been diving ever since and whenever I get the chance :) I always like to swim or be underwater. The feeling you get is total calm and the only thing you can hear is the air bubbles. When you go deeper it gets darker and yes a bit eerie. Since I'm a pretty curious person, that kind of excite me.

Not long after that I had trips to Bali and went diving on 4 spots; Tulamben, Nusa Dua, Menjangan and Nusa Lembongan + Penida. This trip I also went to Antonio Blanco's gallery in Ubud and met his wife and the first daughter whom Antonio Blanco always have on most of his paintings.

one of Antonio Blanco's paintings

me with Antonio Blanco's first daughter and wife


On July this year I went to Gili Trawangan, Lombok with my friends and Garu (my boyfriend). Not long after that in August I went back there again for my birthday, this time with my sisters and friends. All girls! Gili Trawangan was so relaxing. Can you imagine a small island with no cars or motorbikes at all and no cops! The island is so small you can walk around it which take you around 1.5 to 2 hours. To go around you can either walk, bike or Cidomo. 

Cidomo


butterfly fish?




me chasing sea turtle



a Wolfgang art

In Gili they have plenty of Sea turtles, the green sea turtles and loggerhead if I am not mistaken. 
From these trips it encourage me to explore Indonesia more, to see the beauty of Marine life in Indonesia. It is such a shame that there are plenty of this country's marine's beauty got bleached or bombed fish. In www.seeturtles.org stated "Sea turtles often drown when caught in fishing gear...". Also apparently coastal development destroys important nesting sites and artificial light from houses and buildings attracts hatchlings away from the ocean. We have the habit of not taking care of our own garbage or disposal. The pollution of our dragging garbage like plastic bags and such are often mistaken as food by these sea turtles. When they ingested these plastic it blocks their intestines and kill them :(
In order to keep this beauty and activity alive, let us protect and preserve the nature :) 
Remind your friends to take care their garbage and respect this planet me live in.

That's all for today, my father and brother is waiting for me to go home from the office. Oh! I have been riding bicycle since the beginning of Ramadhan, not only its healthy I am planning to make this as a permanent action!
There's too many cars and pollution already. So why not be healthy and ride a bike?


xoxo
Rani

No comments:

Post a Comment